I am naturally a pretty lazy person. I don't mean to be. I think I am mostly just forgetful. As I get older I seem to be forgetting more and more.
My phone is my saving grace for my sanity. I have fallen in love with it's calendar and reminder settings. If I don't put it in my phone, more likely than not, I am not going to remember to do it.
I even have apps that I can add lists too! This is so perfect for me! I have my grocery lists, gift ideas, even books that I want to read, right at my finger tips at all times.
No matter where I am, I can remember what I am looking for and what I am supposed to be doing.
I don't have a ton of apps on my phone, I have learned to keep it pretty basic, but the apps I do have, I use often.
I have my shopping apps. ShopSavy's Barcode Scanner, being one of my favorites! I can scan any barcode and find the price at nearby stores and even the internet so that I know if I am getting a decent deal or not. The only downside is that it doesn't update frequently enough for sale items. But that's ok. I'll forgive that. I also like it because I can read immediate reviews on the item so I know if it is even worth my money.
Another favorite app of mine is the translator app. I can't even begin to tell you how handy this app has come in, especially with Katie being in the Dual Immersion. I can actually help with homework! Woohoo!! Not only does it translate Spanish to English but visa versa. I can even take a picture of the text and it will translate it! It also will translate verbal too! And it's not just Spanish. Every language I can think of is on it! So if I ever I find myself in a foreign country and I cannot understand what someone is saying, they can speak into my phone and it will translate it for me and again, visa versa . Awesome.
But my most favorite app of all is my bible app. I have my bible with me at all times. When I can't sleep. When I am at work. When I am at church.
I can highlight, add tags, and even book mark.
On top of all of that, there are also numerous reading plans. And it will send me daily reminders to read! That is amazing to me! As I said above, without a reminder, I will forget. This makes my life so much easier! I have my reminder set in the evening so when I have gotten all comfy cozy and am in relax mode, my app will remind me so I don't forget our family reading and prayer time! Yes! Thank you, Bible App!
So there are just a few of the things that I love about having a smart phone. It may be lacking in some apps that I want (Come on Instragram! Make a Window's app!), try to outsmart me by fixing words that don't need to be fixed, dial friends and family from my pocket, and randomly take pictures of absolutely nothing, but it does a lot to help make my life simpler and I appreciate the convenience it offers me daily!
2 comments:
I so enjoy reading your blog. I sometimes forget you are writing again, but I am so happy when i remember and there you are. It helps me to not miss you quite as much. I love you soooo much!!
Glad to know someone is reading it. I enjoy writing again. :-)
I love you!!!!
Post a Comment