I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Thankful - Day 24 - My Mop

We have slowly remodeled almost every section of the home since we bought it 12 years ago.  It has been a slow and sometimes painful process.  But the most exciting find was the natural hardwood floors under the nasty carpet throughout the main floor of the house.

As we did each room we pulled up the carpet.  In the master bedroom and girl's room, we left the wood in it's natural color, but for Justin's room I wanted a nice beautiful cherry color and when we stained it, it was beautiful! 

So when we remodeled the front room, I told Shawn I wanted the hallway and the living room the same beautiful cherry wood color.  And he gave it to me.  And it really is beautiful...for about 1 minute after each cleaning.

It shows every little speck of dirt, hair, smudge, name it and it reveals it.  Nothing can be hidden in this beautifully colored wood. 

So to keep it up, I have to sweet multiple times a day and mop at least once.  I suppose most people mop everyday anyways, but I certainly did not.  It was a weekly chore type of thing, so mopping daily was a very big inconvenience to me.  Especially with kids and a dog.  And it was getting expensive.

I had a Swiffer mop.  It made things a little easier, but the replacement pads and mopping solution was getting out of hand. 

I came across a new mop in the cleaning aisle.  It was the same concept of the Swiffer but it had a washable, reusable cloth pad and a refillable solution holder so you could use whatever cleaner you wanted.  It had the spray action but no batteries needed, and to top it off, it was made in the USA!  FANTASTIC!

So I bought it and I love it!  I will never go back to Swiffer again.  I use ammonia, vinegar, and water for the solution, it's cheap, cleans, and disinfects.  I just throw the pad in with the laundry!  And it doesn't seem to "clog" with the spray like my Swiffer did.  Yay!!

I recommend it to everyone who is looking for a new mopping solution.  It has made mopping less of a headache and less of a hardship on my wallet.  It is called the Freedom Mop by Libman.  Get one, you will thank me!

No comments: