I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thankful - Day 3 - Fleece lined leggings

Snow! I woke up this morning to see our first snowfall that is actually visible, honest to goodness, sticking to the ground snow.

I love that I can sit in my nice warm home and enjoy watching it fall peacefully. It's especially pleasurable since the house is quiet with sleeping bodies and I can be selfish, enjoying this heavenly scene all by myself.

I could sit and watch snow fall all day.

And that is when it hit me. I can't. I can't stay comfy cozy in my warm house, cuddling under a blanket, watching the snow fall all day. I have places to go, people to see, things that need to be done.

Daydream shattered.

The horrible truth of life smacks me right in the face as I realize I am going to have to be out in that cold snow! Oh man.

But you know what? Its going to be ok. Everything will be just fine. I am armed with fleece lined leggings!! I can still wear a pretty dress to church!

Yes! All is well in the world again. I can sit back down and enjoy my snow show with the knowledge that I can still be warm even though I am going to have to run from building to vehicle, vehicle to building. As long as I have my fleece lined leggings, I'll be safe from evil!

EDIT:  Ok, so I didn't wear a dress today.  But I did still wear my fleece lined leggings under my slacks and I was still ever so thankful for them!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Your so funny!!