I love the library system. I think it is one of the most underutilized sources for information and entertainment that we have. And it's free. As long as you can remember to return your checked out items, that is.
I go to the library at least once a week. I like to browse through books, looking for any new books that may catch my eye. I have found a few fun series that way, including a family favorite and soon to be motion picture The Last Apprentice. If you haven't read it and enjoy juvenile fantasy fiction, it's a great series! A little on the creepy side, dealing with dark creatures and witches and sorts, but full of great characters and adventure. There are 12 books in the series now (not including a couple of side story novels). I believe it'll have one more for a total of 13 when the series is complete.
The movie looks nothing like the books, but that is nothing new. That is a different rant for a different day.
I love that they have a Spanish section too! I can get current popular books in Spanish so that Katie can still read what she wants and keep up with her Spanish reading!
The library is so much more than books now though. It has a whole selection of DVD's and CD's. I NEW RELEASE movies often and even some old favorites. We rent a handful of movies every week! It's fun to bring new movies into the house for the kids to enjoy.
And the best part of the books, movies, and CD's is that I don't have to hunt them down either. If I am not in the browsing mood and I know exactly what I want, I can hop online and reserve it. So if a movie is coming to video soon, I can place a hold so I don't have to wait too long and I get an email when it's ready for me to pick up! They even hold it for me for an entire week so I have plenty of time to grab it!
Another favorite of mine and fairly new addition to the library is the downloadable music. I LOVE this!! I can download 3 songs a week per library card LEGALLY and for FREE! Yes, please! That is 15 songs a week for my family! That is a whole album if not more! The music lover in me rejoices!
They also have added some streaming movies and shows, but I have yet to try this out as I am not too found of having to watch TV at my computer. I do it in a pinch, but I much prefer the comforts of my couch and big screen.
So thank you library for saving me money and time! I appreciate good friends like you!
No comments:
Post a Comment