I don't even know to start. He is my everything.
Today is his birthday, I almost decided not to write about him today because it is just a little too cliché for me, but he is all I can think about today!
Our life is nothing like how we imagined when we were just kids, dating and daydreaming. We thought we would live in a great big huge house, he would be some general in the army and I would be a stay at home mommy.
Although that dream still sounds so appealing, I couldn't imagine my life going differently.
We have gone through so much together, at times I felt like we were just drowning, we would just barely start to catch our breath when something would grab hold and pull us back under. But somehow, we always raised above and came out stronger for it. We have grown so much closer through our struggles. He has been my best friend through it all. He is my strength when I am weak and my healer when I am broken. We have cried together, laughed together, fought together (more than I care to admit), but we always ended up in each others arms.
He loves me with all of my flaws. In fact, he sees right through them. I am beautiful. And I FEEL beautiful in his presence.
I could go on and on about him. About what an amazing father he is. (I have never seen anyone quite like him with their kids. He loves them so unconditionally. He plays with them every moment that he can. He teaches them, guides them, TALKS with them! His fatherhood comes so naturally.) About how dependable he is. How intelligent he is. His sense of humor still cracks me up on a daily basis. How protective and loving he is. He is remarkable.
And he is awfully handy to have around a 55 year old house!
I love him so much. He truly is my soul mate and I am ever so thankful that we were blessed enough to find each other at such a young age.
No comments:
Post a Comment