The house gets crazy on school nights. The moment they get in the truck from being picked up from school until after dinner the house feels more chaotic than happy.
Homework is extra stressful these days with the district's change in the math program. I can't even begin to understand why they have complicated SIMPLE math and it has gotten to the point that I struggle helping my fourth grader with his homework. Not because I don't know the answer or even that he doesn't know the answer, but because they want the answer proven in some ridiculous way. And if the work in this ridiculous way is not shown than the answer is wrong. Even if you show the work doing it the traditional way. What?! Whatever. I'm done complaining about it. It's been 2 years on this stupid program and I still don't get it.
Then I am struggling to get dinner cooked while having to babysit to make sure my kids are doing their private reading.
And then Katie jumps on the piano to do her daily practice and suddenly the chaos calms a little. The tension lightens.
I love listening to her play. It is so beautiful.
Especially now that she is practicing carols.
No comments:
Post a Comment