I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Thankful - Day 17 - Pintrest

When I first about Pintrest, I wasn't that excited about it. It just didn't make much sense to me. An internet "board" where you "pin" things you like? Ok. That sounds completely useless.

But as more and more friends started talking about it, the more curious I got.

I finally decided to give it a shot and apparently it had too many subscribers because I had to be put on a "waitlist". I still don't know why I could subscribe right away, I have never heard of it happening to anyone else, but I was that one in a million who had to wait.

I eventually got an email letting me know that I could now join and I did. Again, I wasn't too thrilled. Still didn't make a whole lot of sense to me and what my friends were pinning was just a bunch of outfits they liked and tattoo ideas.

It wasn't til I found the mobile app did I really start liking Pintrest. The app is far less messy looking. I can see one pin at a time. And the more friends I follow, the more I enjoy Pintrest. But I have also enjoyed searching for ideas on Pintrest too. There really is SO many ideas out there! I personally enjoy the recipes, crafts, and cleaning tips the most. I try something new at least once a week from something that I pinned or saw.

Picture courtesy of remodelaholic.com
I recently saw a pin (thanks Donna!) using nail polish to paint "swimsuits" on Barbies so that the poor dolls don't have to lie around naked any longer. If I'm not allowed to do it, I don't think they should be able to either.

I was tickled to try it!

I asked the girls to bring me one of their dolls that they don't play with often. I wanted to test it out.

Katie was not thrilled with the idea at all. In fact, I think she was border lined upset with me.

"But what if you can see it under their clothes?"
"If you can see it under their clothes then the clothes weren't covering enough."
"But sometimes we like to make them mermaids."
"So are they naked mermaids?"
"No, we put mermaid clothes on them."
"Well now you don't need to worry about tops, you can just put the fins on."
"But what if we want bikinis for them?"
"Now you don't have to worry about swimsuits. They will be built in. Besides, you aren't allowed to have bikinis, why should they?  Plus, no more fighting with your sister over the swimming suits."

And so on.

That is until I finished one. Then she was excited and happy with the result.

"Can I do one?"

Both her and Ciara painted a doll too. We had fun together doing it. I can't wait to finish them all!




1 comment:

Emily said...

What a great idea!! Who'da thought?!