So my girls night out was never intended to be a girls night out. It was supposed to be a date night with the hubby. But when I sent him his reminder text to take the night off so we could go see Brigadoon, he asked what the play was about. I told him it was about a magical town who awakens for only one day every 100 years with love and music. Apparently, that didn't sound to appealing to him and asked me to get extra tickets and I could just take the kids instead.
Like father like son, Justin didn't seem to think it sounded like a fun time either. He nearly died of boredom when we went to see Tarzan, and I don't necessarily like paying extra money to force someone to whine at me. So I asked him what he wanted to do instead if I took the girls. His answer was immediate. NapNap's. And she of course, was happy to oblige.
 |
| Are we all in? Then it counts! |
So it became a girls night. Works for me! I have taken the girls to two plays this year and they were thrilled with both. So I was happy to get the extra ticket and make it a mommy / daughters night!
The play started at 4 so it was a bit too early for dinner and too late for lun
ch. We are usually 5 o'clock eaters so I knew they would be hungry if we waited til after the play so I decided to start our date night with some appetizers at Chilli's. I am in love with chips and salsa and when you make it bottomless, I am a happy camper! Throw in a couple slider burgers and some southwestern eggrolls and we were three happy girls!
 |
Outside of the theatre in front of the poster.
Somehow didn't get the poster in pic. |
We got to the playhouse about a half hour early so we had lots of time to joke around and get our traditional theatre cookies!
While waiting for the show to start, we decided to play around and continue to take pictures of ourselves. They think it's funny how horrible I am at it and I will admit, I think it is funny too. I have yet to meet someone more awful at "selfies" as I am!
 |
Waiting for concessions to open in front of a poster.
Again, totally missed the poster. |
The only problem was that the room was pretty dark. And for some reason I couldn't get my flash to work. So we were snapping pics without any light at all. It turned out for some fun pics though.
The play was fun. Not quite what I was hoping for, but I have yet to go to a play that I didn't enjoy at Hale Center and I always enjoy spending time with my babies.
 |
In our seats, passing the time.
Ciara looks a bit disgusted and Katie disturbed. I'm just scared. |
After the play we decided to share a banana split at Leatherby's. Substitute the pineapple sauce with caramel, and we are in heaven! Well, everyone but CiCi. She decided that she no longer likes banana splits and wanted her own sundae. But I didn't budge. If she didn't want to share the ice cream, she didn't have to. Needless to say, she enjoyed the ice cream we shared.
 |
| I love Katie's piggy face. |
We decided while chatting and eating our ice cream that it would be fun to stop by Walmart on our way home and see if they had any Christmas movies out that we don't have and watch a new movie. Katie is as excited as me to start in the Christmas celebrations. She even asked if we could please start listening to Christmas music. I was happy to oblige and luckily, I had a few Christmas CD's in the truck just waiting to be played. So we sand our little hearts out while driving to Walmart. And the holiday spirit didn't stop there. Our songs continued as we shopped through the store. We weren't able to find a new holiday movie that we wanted, but we did enjoy walking up and down the Christmas aisles and smelling all of the Christmas scents of holiday candles. The girls laughed at me as I piled candles into our cart, knowing full well that I wouldn't burn them until December (I just can't bring myself to light an evergreen candle without a tree lighting up the house).
 |
| Proof that Ciara does indeed like banana splits! |
Our caroling continued until our house was cleaned and our beds made in the living room. Popped in Jim Carrey's Grinch and we laughed and cuddled til we fell asleep.
It was a magical night.
I missed my Justin boy though. I even texted Jenn a couple of times asking if he decided he didn't want to spend the night and would rather hang out with Mom. But for some reason, he didn't seem to think that sounded very fun.
Now I just need to find a time to create a magical night with my little man. I am thinking maybe a movie or laser tag as a main course.
2 comments:
Sounds great!
But you take pretty good selfies....I usually don't even make it in the picture!
Yeah, I never admitted to how many snaps I took in order to get these few. Lol
Post a Comment