So to call it a weekend is a bit of an understatement. My weekend consisted of 6 days off work! Woohoo! Those are my kind of weekends!
It started with a beautiful Thanksgiving with family!
We traditionally have Thanksgiving with Shawn's family and I love it! It was wonderful.
Friday started very very early! Like 1:30 in the morning early! I got up and made it to Jenn's by 2:30! I was very proud of myself! I don't think we officially stopped shopping until 2:00 in the afternoon! How crazy is that! But we got some good deals and had some fun! There's nothing like a bunch of crazy, exhausted, highly cafinated people in the wee hours of the morning to let you know the Christmas season has began!
Saturday was our post-Thanksgiving-Thanksgiving. This, I love too! Because our family now has other families, we make it a point to gather either Friday or Saturday with my parents and share in a Thanksgiving feast! As always, it was delicious! Everyone was cheerful and we were able to spend a joyous dinner together.
That night, I had the nieces and nephews over for a sleepover to kick off Justin's birthday! There is usually only one word to describe these sleepovers. Loud. It sums it up perfectly.
Sunday, I was blessed with my family coming over for cake and ice cream to wish my Justin boy a happy birthday! Thanks to everyone who came. I know it wasn't the most convenient time for everybody - in fact, I highly doubt it was convenient for anybody, so my sincerest thanks for making it! It means a lot to me! I love you all!
Monday was the offical day my little man turned 6! We spent a quiet evening at home with some chocolate pie!
Tuesday I should have gone into work but I just wasn't ready yet. So I stayed home. I even got to take a little nap!
We were invited up to Hill AFB for a tree lighting event. I rarely do things in the middle of the week. It really throws me off schedule, but I am willing to make an exception here and there. And I am glad we went. This is going to be the last Christmas I have with my sister for awhile and although I hate to think about it, I try to take advantage of all the little things we can do together.
The kids had a really good time. There were lots of crafts and a TON of people! We got our first visit with Santa too! The kids surprised me with what they asked for this year. Justin asked for a new chess set. Very practical and mature. That's my boy. And Katie asked for a puppy. That's right. A puppy. I told her that Santa can only do so many miracles and that's one that he just might not be able to perform this year. But she's pretty confident that he will bring her one. Ciara I don't think asked for anything, but she wasn't scared of him at all. She walked right up and hopped on his lap when it was her turn, so that's good.
And now we are on to today. I'm at work again, a bit out of practice. It's funny how a long weekend can throw off your game, but it's all good! Christmas is in the air!
Love to you all! Merry Christmas!!
6 comments:
Wow, what a wonderful weekend!! I am so glad you had Justin's party, or I would have felt very left out!
Wait, I just remembered, you forgot to mention that you came over to "make pies" or was it to visit? LOL I'm so glad you came!
I love you so much!!
I did forget to mention that, although I'm not sure how much help I was. I think I was more distracting than anything! LOL I think I might have put foil on A pie. I don't know what you would have done without me! LOL
Well, that was different!
I posted a comment and as I published it, I got some weird error. Naturally I thought it didn't post. So, I posted it again, almost word for word. When it refreshed there was two comments, both mine! I thought I would just delete one, I didn't realize it still counts it as a comment after it has been deleted. Dumb!
I thought I better explain myself!! LOL
There! I fixed it for you. When you delete a comment remember to click the delete forever box and it will remove it completely!
Well Thank you!! I'll watch for that next time! LOL
Love ya!!
LOL I love you!!
Post a Comment