I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

What Will You Remember?

There are a few things that 2009 will be remembered for.  Here are my top 4 things I will always remember about 2009. 

Barack Obama - The 44th, and first African American, President of the United States.  He also won the Nobel Peace Prize.  What for?  Well, for being the 44th, and first African American, President of the United States, I guess.

Swine Flu - The outbreak of the H1N1 influenza strain was deemed a global pandemic, becoming the first condition since 1967 to receive this designation.  I still wonder if this wasn't a government conspiracy to boost the economy.  Look at all those people out there storing food and supplies!  The Lysol company must have had a celebration!

Michael Jackson - The King of Pop's unexpected death, tragic life, award winning music, controversial scandals, and of course legendary dance moves will always be an important part of American pop culture.

Text Driving - It is illegal to text while driving in 19 states, including Utah.  And although Utah is not a mandatory "hands-free" state yet, Utah's law defines careless driving as committing a moving violation (other than speeding) while distracted by use of a handheld cellphone or other activities not related to driving.   So beware.

What will you remember of 2009?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your slideshow captured the best of what to remember in 2009 but I do have a couple of things to add. My summer with mom, 4.0 my first term of college followed by a 3.8 the second term (stupid math!), finding a best friend, regaining my self-respect, Grandpa's little sleeping pill adventure!, finding the word WOOSA, our first artificial tree at Christmas, Mandy and RJ, TJ and Brandy...the list goes on and on. Looking back, 2009 wasn't so bad after all! Thanks for helping me remember, Gina.

GG said...

Well now I feel superficial...I didn't put any personal things.

I'm glad you have so many things to look back and smile on 2009!

I love you!

BTW- What is WOOSA??

Donna said...

I didn't know about the texting law. Wow!

I don't even know what I remember, seems 2009 came and went so fast it's all a blurrrr!!!

Love ya!!