I don't have any pictures (Mom took care of that! hehe) but we had a WONDERFUL Christmas!
It started Christmas Eve at my parents! The kids were playing games and having a good time. (Katie has a new favorite game - Mancala!) and me hiding from the constant flash of the camera.
Then on to our traditional lamb dinner! Yum! It was wonderful! We were really thankful for the left-overs! Delicious!
In the middle of our dinner we had a special visitor! Santa had a few free moments while he was waiting for the U.S. kids to go to bed so he stopped by to wish the kids a Merry Christmas! It was so nice! He sang songs and talked about the true meaning of Christmas! The kids had a great time! Darrien was a bit of a show off with his politeness! Makes me wonder what he's trying to make up for! LOL It was great!
It wasn't long after dinner that it was time to wind down and go home to bed!
We woke up to some new games for the family and lots of fun stuff in our stockings! And then of course there was the presents that needed unwrapping from under the tree!
The kids were so polite and patient! I love it when they remember their manners during such excitement! I wish they would have continued with their thankfulness when we were at Grandma and Grandpa's!
By the time we got to my parent's, Jenn was already in the kitchen fixing up some eggs and ham! She's so great! After a quick breakfast and a few pokes to Grandpa it was once again time for the unwrapping! TJ got to do the "pass out" honors this year which was a lot of fun for him!
Then it was time to go to Shawn's parents. It was so quiet. This year Misty and her family spent Christmas in Idaho with Matt's parents. It almost didn't feel like Christmas without all of the noise. In fact, I think I snoozed a little in their big comfy chair before dinner!
And I'm glad to say that my talk in the car worked...the kids remembered their manners when it was time for the gift giving.
Saturday Christmas was over. The tree came down. The decorations in the box. And the presents distributed to their correct rooms. The rest of the day was spent on the couch and I don't think I really moved until Monday. Even then it was barely moving. I've been fighting a bit of a headache and exhaustion since. I didn't realize how much the holiday took out of me til it was all over.
I love you all! I'm so thankful I was able to spend the holiday with the people I love. I want to give a special thanks to RJ and Mandy for making the trek out here! I loved sharing our traditions with Mandy! And I'm glad they made it home safely!
Love you! Happy New Year!
3 comments:
Sounds like a fantastic weekend. Except I can't even think about taking down the tree until at least after New Years! The Holiday is not over until then!! We are still partying over here, It's crazy!!
Normally I wait until the weekend after Christmas but I'm glad I took it down so soon this year. It felt like a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders. I don't know why this Christmas was so much "harder" than others. I enjoyed the season! Everything went well. But I am relieved that it's all done.
I still haven't taken anything down! Maybe this week!
Post a Comment