They keep it pretty decent most of the time, but they have so many toys that it's hard to put things back where they go.
So Shawn went out and bought me a couple of totes as well as a rod to put up. His part of "organizing" the basement was completed once that rod was up. The rest was up to me.
So that is how I spent my Friday evening!
First came the mess. I hate that. Why do you have to create a bigger mess in order to clean one??
I dumped every box and toy in the middle of the toy room. I was knee deep in toys and junk! I picked up the immediately seen garbage (why do children pack away garbage??!) and went to work. I hung every dress up dress. Put Barbies in one tote, ponies in another. Hotwheels and trucks in a large tote. Seperated the rest of the dress up between boys and girls and put them in their seperate totes. Baby dolls and clothes got their place. And of course I got rid of any broken toy and toys that aren't being used any more went in the D.I. box. I'm still not sure what to do with all of my baby toys. Ciara has outgrown them, but I'm still just not ready to get rid of them. I haven't given up that there is another one waiting for me! So they got their own tote too...I just didn't put it in the actual playroom.
I know it doesn't look like much, but trust me...TONS better!
So far, the kids have been able to keep it organized. So hopefully, it will stay that way now that everything has a place!

3 comments:
Even though it was only one line in your post, its the one that stuck out the most.... So, there's a chance of another baby down the road? That's exciting!! True or not.. its fun to consider the possibility. :)
I'm always hoping. It just doesn't seem to be in the stars right now. But I just can't let it go...not yet.
The part I can see looks great!! Only 3 hours, I'm jealous, jobs like that at my house take way longer!!
Post a Comment