I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Errands

The timeframe between when Shawn leaves for work and I have to pick up the kids is the perfect time to run a couple of errands without ALL of the kids.  Ciara is the worst of them, but Ciara PLUS Justin is awful!  He fuels her!  So I can handle one without the other.  Katie is always a good girl.

Anyways...

Yesterday I told CiCi to get her shoes on because we had to run some errands.  She got all excited!  Which is weird, because she doesn't really like to run errands.  Most of the time she's in the middle of a Barbie movie and would rather stay home and watch that.  But she didn't fight me and I was glad.

I ran to the library to drop off some movies that were due and to Kohls to return a few shirts (but not my cute boots!  I kept those!) that I had bought the night before that when I took them home and tried them on they were just too trendy for me.  I forget that I'm not 16 any more.  What's cute for a young single woman is not so cute for a married mom.  I struggle with this.  A lot of the "married mom" clothes look like grandma clothes to me.  I hate that.  I'm not going to wear a sweater with a great big floral print on it!  So I usually go with the plain solid color look. 

In fact, I found it kinda funny.  I was looking through my closet to find what I wanted to bring to San Diego with me.  I found 6 shirts that I really like and aren't just t-shirts.  They are all different colors, different brands, and bought at different times.  And they all look alike!  LOL  They have the same shape, neck, and look to them!  Oh well!  I guess if you like something....buy 6 of them!  LOL

Anyways...back to the story. 

After Kohls I went to pick up the kids.  It took me a little bit longer than expected because I hit a ton of school zones a long the way.  So I was just a couple minutes late picking them up.  Katie was pretty upset with me. 

To get them excited I asked them if they wanted to go to the library to pick out a movie!  I was forgiven.

When we were getting back in the SUV from the library, Justin asked, "Where are we going now?"

"We're going home."

"But CiCi said we were going to Bountiful!"  He was quite upset with me.

"No!  I never said that!"

Ciara in her cute little voice says, "Yes!  We er going to Aaron's!  He's my friend!"

I had to explain that I told CiCi that we were going to run ERRANDS not go to AARON'S!

All of the kids were disappointed!

I told them we will try to stop by on Saturday....that made them happy!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Oh Gina!!!!! That is so sweet!! You tell such a great story, I didn't get it until the very end!!

I am so happy these kids are loving being together and becoming such good friends!!

I love you so much, thanks for sharing such a sweet story!!

GG said...

I love it too! I think it is precious!