I can't believe I almost forgot to post about Katie's piano competition!
Saturday we found out that not only were no guests allowed, but we couldn't bring the kids either. So only one of us could go.
I asked Katie who she preferred to take her. She was a little upset that we wouldn't both be there, but decided if she had to chose just one, she wanted her dad.
Poor thing was so nervous!! While practicing, she messed up quite a bit. Which is odd because she's had the songs memorized for awhile now and has been playing them beautifully until Saturday morning came along.
I stayed home with the kids and told her to call me when it was over.
She called right away. She said that she felt really good about it and was glad that it was over. Apparently, the judge didn't say a single word to her, neither in greeting, judging, or exiting. So I don't know if that is just a judging thing, but I think it's odd. Katie said she just wrote down a lot of things and Katie tried her best to just ignore it because it was making her even more nervous.
The judge gives the result paper to her teacher, so we won't find out how she did until Saturday. Either way, we are proud of her! She has worked so hard!
I'll keep you posted!
2 comments:
I'm so glad it's over for her too. Those things can be so nerve racking. And that she felt she did well! Way to go, Katie girl!!
I'm glad she's done too! I don't mind the recitels, but the competition was really overwhelming for her. I hope the teacher doesn't want to put her in another one right away.
Post a Comment