I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Wanna Text Daddy

Almost every night, right around bedtime, my kids want to call their daddy.  Sometimes I let them...sometimes I don't.  If it is around his break time - they can call.  Or if he texted earlier and said they weren't busy - they can call.  If he's had a busy night, they can't call. 

Last night though, Katie asked a different question.  She wanted to text him!

I told her that she couldn't actually do the text, but that I would send a text to him saying EXACTLY what she wants.  This was her text to her daddy.

Hi Dad.  This is Katelynn.  I love you.  I miss you.  I want to cuddle with you when you come home from work.  I love you.  Love, Katie.

So from there, of course, Justin wanted to send a text too!

This is Justin Ewell and I love you so much.  And I want to cuddle with you and I love you Dad.  And I love you Dad.  I love you so much Dad and I want to kiss you Dad.  And I like you very much and I love you very much.  And what is your favorite movie and can you wake me up in the morning?  Love, Justin.  And do you love me?

And here is CiCi's!  She cracked us all up! 

Daddy!  I'm a CiCi!  How about Daddy!  I love Daddy!  I'm not Daddy's friend.  I'm Katelynn's friend.  And Mommy.  And Justin is.  I love Daddy!

The kids couldn't stop laughing at CiCi!

Sadly, it must have been a very busy nigt because we never got a response, but I'm sure he'll tell me about it when I get home!

6 comments:

Donna said...

Too cute!!! Can't wait to hear what he thought!!

GG said...

He thought it was really cute. He was extremely busy (infact, he said his work that night was a humbling experience and God wanted him to know that he didn't know everything. LOL) so he never even saw the texts til he clocked out. But he loved it. He also said that he was glad CiCi didn't think of him as a friend, because he's not. He's her father and is there to love, protect, and raise her into a responsible young lady...not to be there to tell her she's cool when she's doing stupid things.

Donna said...

Good point!! LOL

Donna said...

I haven't voted on the background because I can't remember what the last one looked like! LOL This one is fine with me.

Love ya!

GG said...

It's all good. It had that clover off to the side that covered up some of my writing...was bugging the crap out of me! LOL

Love ya!

Emily said...

Ohhh, the innocence of children.. I love it.