I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Make sure and buckle up!

I am so excited that I get to tag along with Jenn and her family on vacation in May.

Jennifer was telling me how she told the kids that they get to fly on an airplane and Haylee is not responding the way Jenn thought she would. She is terrified. So Jenn asked if Haylee could call my kids and talk to them about it since they have all flown before.

So I was talking to Justin yesterday while we were waiting for Katelynn to get out of school. And it went a little something like this...

"Guess what Bud!? Haylee is going to call you tonight! She is a little scared about going on the airplane."

"It's ok Mom. I'll protect her."

"I know. You are such a sweet boy. When she calls you tonight, you have to tell her how much fun it is!"

"I'll tell her the detrucksions. If you unbuckle during blast off...you die."

I almost chocked I was laughing so hard! I quickly explained to him that you do not die, but you could get hurt so you have to stay buckled. I was relieved when he did not share that part of the "detrucksions" with Haylee when she called.

3 comments:

Donna said...

That is hilarious!!

GG said...

I just think back at the 4 times he's been on a plane and this whole time he thought he was going to die if he unbuckled?? Poor guy! I'm surprised he liked flying!

Donna said...

Sometimes I am amazed at their thought processes! I really wish I could read minds!

He truly is a dare devil if he thought that and still loved to get on the plane!!!