I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ciara's Hair

I hate to go on about Ciara, but here's another quick story.

I have always enjoyed doing Katelynn's hair, but she went through a "I can do it myself" phase. We are still in that phase but she now let's me do her hair from time to time.

Around Christmas I tried to do Ciara's hair a few times. It was a bit of a hassle. She doesn't have a whole lot of hair on the top so there's not much I can do with it. And she was not cooperative by any means!

Recently (maybe the last month or so) I have been doing CC's hair more often. And she LOVES it now! I just pull it back in a pony tail (it reminds me of Will Turner from Pirates LOL) but it gets her used to me doing her hair and gives it a bit of a tidier look. (The pic was taken at the end of the day so it is a bit messy)

The trick to get her to enjoy me doing her hair was two things..

One: I had to put her in front of a mirror so she could see herself.

Two: Compliments. Compliments. Compliments.

When she has her hair done, she runs around the house with this funny little expression like "Hey look at me! Aren't I so pretty!" And she just loves it up when you tell her that yes..she is beautiful! It is too funny!

Well Katie brought home a flower hair piece from school last week. She bought it with her classroom money and Ciara just loves it! Katelynn doesn't let her play with it too often, but isn't she so pretty??

3 comments:

Donna said...

That's funny that she likes to watch herself while you do her hair. I love it when they walk around saying pretty!!

this is a great smile of her looking at herself! I love it!!

GG said...

Katelynn was the same way. In fact, it scares me because that's how she broke her collar bone.

I used to sit her on the edge of the bathroom sink to do her hair, I turned around to grab a hair thing from the mirror behind me and she flipped off!

Broke my heart!!

So now I am really careful to make sure I have everything I need before I sit her up there. That way I never have to let go of her.

Donna said...

I forgot about that!! That would be scarey.

Just hold tight to that hair!! LOL