I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Oops, she did it again!

I debated on posting about this, but I decided that I wanted to share the "slang" with parents so that they have the option to protect their children.

Britney Spears has done it again. She continually sets the bar and then takes a giant leap over it!Her new single, If U Seek Amy, is definitely one of those leaps!

If you are anything like me, the title does not seem too offensive at first sight. I didn't understand it. There has been a lot of controversy about it, but no one was coming out and saying why. The only thing I could understand was that the title wasn't what it seemed to be. Now that the song has been released, I get it. The title phonically spells out F*** Me.

The chorus lyrics are:
Love me, Hate me
Say what you want about me
But all of the boys
And all of the girls
Are begging to if you seek Amy

WOW!

And sadly, she is getting passed censorship on some radio stations because "technically" she's not cussing. What makes it worse is that it is a very catchy song! It has an awesome dance beat, very much in the Britney style!

Anyways..I wanted to share it with you because I have a feeling it is going to become new slang. If you check up on text messages and myspace pages, look out for slang that may not be as innocent as it sounds...well, looks.

Click here for a link to the song to determine for yourself the danger it may or may not be for your family.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, I am too lame to see it without the commentary, but it sure sounds bad with the background! Thanks for the info.

GG said...

Yeah, I didn't see it at first either.