I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Star Wars Game

As many of you know, Justin loves toy guns! So I am sure you can imagine how excited he was to get a Star Wars shooting game for Christmas! Think Duck Hunt, Star Wars style! You just plug it into the TV and viola! You get to shoot all the alien robots you can!

Well, I don't let him play it as often as he'd like and Shawn made a comment to me yesterday about how wonderful of me it was to buy him a gift I won't let him play. Oops. That made me feel bad. And it's not that I don't want him to play it's that he won't do anything because he is playing.

So I made Justin a deal last night. If he did all of his chores, ate all of his dinner, and took a shower without complaining, he could play his Star Wars game! You should have seen that boy move! He did it all! And with very little complaint! There was a little whining while he was doing his chores ( I made him clean his room, make his bed, and clean the living room) but he was really good about it! And when he hopped in the shower and cleaned himself up, that was amazing! He hates getting clean and he usually insists on a bath (which pretty much soaks the entire bathroom!)

So I was very proud of him and he got a whole hour of game time! He was so happy! He even took turns with Katelynn after her chores were done! There was no fighting! It was great!! Even when it was time to turn it off, he did it without crying! WAY TO GO JUSTIN!!!

I think I have found another form of bribery to use on him! I hope it lasts!!

BTW- Speaking of bribery...the kids are still doing great staying out of my bed! I am so excited!!!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Love it, I do it all the time. No games until certain things are done. Usually works great!!

Way to go Justin!!

I know what you mean, my boys play all the time and it drives me nuts. But they only play when their homework is done. I just wish they would find more constructive things to do as well. There really is more to life than playing. I just want and hope they will find the balance. I can hope, can't I??!!!

GG said...

You can hope....but it doesn't always work. hehe