I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Friday, January 16, 2009

House Guests

Shawn's parents are on their annual vacation to Arizona and Mexico to visit Karen's Dad, Grandpa Earl for two weeks. They are always so excited to go and get into the nice warm weather!
While they are away we are dog-sitting. They have two little dogs (and I mean little). They are both chihuahua mixes. Rascal is pretty old, I'm guessing at about 13-14. She doesn't really do a whole lot but hide and sleep. Infact, I am really worried about her. We've had her since Wednesday and she hasn't eaten for us at all! I would really hate it if something happened to her while she was on our watch!

And then there is Scooter! She's a chihuahua and wiener dog mix. And young. She's only about a year old so she is full of tons of energy! That dog is constantly going a hundred miles per hour! And the kids love it! They are having so much fun with her!

Me, on the other hand, is getting a bit frustrated. The dog pees everywhere! Just an example, this morning I got up and let her outside to go potty. Let her back in and went downstairs to exercise. I came up and got in the shower and when I got back into my bedroom, she had peed on my bed!!! I was so mad!
I hope it gets better. In the meantime, at least the kids are enjoying her!

6 comments:

Donna said...

I don't think I could stand dogs wetting my bed, let alone someone else's dog.

You truly are a saint!! But I already knew that!!

GG said...

They are getting much better. We usually find peepee in on the floor in the morning, but that's about it.

And scooter has pretty much claimed me. It's kinda funny because she is ALWAYS with me. Always! It's a bit annoying because she is always in my way!

GG said...

Oh! And I am excited to say that I have been able to get Rascal to eat for 3 days now! I was getting pretty scared for her. She still sleeps and hides, but she will eat a little bit every now and then now.

Donna said...

I'm glad he's eating for you now. Is CC girl eating much these days?

GG said...

It really depends. Sometimes she eats a ton...others it feels like she hasn't eaten at all.

Donna said...

So typical for her age!!