I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Writer's Block

I realize that I have been slacking off a bit on this blog. I think I am just having a bit of blog writing funk. I am certain there are several things I could talk about I just can't think of how to write about them.

For example, Katie was struggling with her spelling words this week. I test her on her spelling words every day. For every word she spells incorrectly she has to write it 5 times and every word she spelling right she only has to write it once. We continue like this until she spells each word correctly. Usually she does fantastic! Only having to repeat the test once or twice before she gets 100%. But this past week she would second guess herself a lot and change her spelling. I know she was getting frustrated but we were determined to get it right. She was so proud of herself when she brought me her 100% spelling test yesterday! I am so happy for her!

Justin is finally trying to write. I am proud of his efforts! He has really been stubborn about wanting to learn to write and draw. He prefers to scribble. But this week he is actually trying to do it correctly! I am so thrilled! He does get frustrated and wants to give up so I hope he sticks with it!

Ciara is as bitter sweet as ever! She has her precious little cutie moments quite often, but just as often does she turn into a terror! Her new favorite thing is to pretend to kick the little dogs! Poor things! She doesn't actually kick them she just lifts her leg up and down as if she was going to. After she got in trouble for that enough times she has now decided that jumping right next to them causes them the same stress! I don't know what I am going to do with her!!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Good to see the updates on the kids, thanks.

Congrats to Katie, for sticking with it!

Good for you Justin Boy, Keep working at it.

And CC girl, I don't know what to say... :) I have one just like her!! LOL (sometimes!)

GG said...

I just noticed I posted that under Bella...oops! hehehe

Yeah, I am really proud of the kids! I loved to see them extend themselves!

As for CC...
It's funny because she is so cute and sweet! I love to watch her sing and dance! And now at the end of prayer she shouts "AIMON!" and claps! It is so cute!! But then she turns around and snatches something of the kids' and runs! She's becoming quite the little pick-pocket too! She'll snatch your phone or keys out of your pockets and you won't even notice until your car alarm starts going off or your phone is ringing from under the crib!

Donna said...

LOLOLOL