RJ called me last night to tell me good-bye before his deployment today. I was already asleep so I was very confused when the phone rang and I couldn't focus my eyes enough to see the clock. My internal clock read about 3 in the morning so I was even more confused when he sounded surprised to hear I was in bed.
The conversation was pretty brief, mostly because I don't think I ever fully woke up, which I feel horrible about this morning. But I am still very glad I was able to talk to him before he took off. This deployment is scheduled to be 6 months. He has a feeling though that it will be extended, which he doesn't sound too happy about. He says the 6 months he can handle, but any more than really gets to him.
Mandy is going to see him off this morning and then hop on a plane herself. She is going to go home to her parents for this deployment. I am really happy for her. I can only imagine how hard the separation is for both of them and I think being around her family and friends will help her enormously! I know she is planning on getting her old job back for the 6 months too which will help keep her busy. She loves what she does and I hope that will be a good healthy distraction for her.
Well, I just wanted to send my love to the both of them. Good luck! I miss you!!!
PS - When I hung up the phone I was able to get a good look at the clock...it was only 10. LOL
2 comments:
I was just wondering about that yesterday. I knew it was coming up, but I couldn't remember which day. I'm glad to hear Mandy is going home, that's a long time!
It's a very long time. I feel for them!
Post a Comment