I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Monday, January 12, 2009

I had to laugh

My Mom starts school today! I am very proud of her. I know this isn't going to be easy for her and is going to take a lot of determination and encouragement. So yesterday afternoon I dropped by her house to wish her luck! I brought her a small gift with some basic school supplies and a cake.

I picked out a plain cake from Smith's bakery and had asked them to write Back to School on it for me. The lady obliged with a smile and handed the cake back to me reading, "Back Too School!" I just had to laugh. I know that the to vs too is a common mistake, but it was just too ironic that the mistake happened when referring to going to school!

1 comment:

Donna said...

That is funny!

You are so thoughtful! What a sweetie to not only remember, but to go out of your way to let her know that you love her!! Nothing like actions speak louder than words!!

You Rock!!