Bribery may not always be the best policy but it's working!
As you may know, we have struggled with getting the older kids out of our bed! They love to sleep with me! And I am a bit guilty too because I love to cuddle with them as well! It is just so easy to let them crawl in bed and we watch a movie while we go to sleep.
Well, enough is enough. We told the kids that for every week they don't sleep in our bed they will get to pick out a new toy! And to really put the cherry on top, Daddy promised them a trampoline if they do it everyday until Spring!
I haven't had any problems at all getting them to bed! And they stay in their bed all night! That is the beauty of it! Every night I at least one of them has gotten up for one reason or another (thirsty, has to go to the bathroom, and my personal favorite...bloody nose) but they ALWAYS go back to their bed! I am so proud of them!
WAY TO GO KATIE AND JUSTIN!!!
3 comments:
Now, that is bribery!! But I'm all for it, if it's working!!!
It's working great! Last night I had a little bit of trouble with Justin. He started to fake sick and asking if he could sleep with me. It was kinda funny because he was so obviously faking. He'd run to the bathroom and cough, pretending he was throwing up. Finally, Katie called to me begging, "Please just go to bed Justin! I really want a trampoline!" He finally gave up and got in his bed where he stayed all night.
Peer pressure, Can be great!!
Post a Comment