I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day 3 - Popcorn Garland

Tonight we started what I hope is going to be a new Ewell tradition!  We made our first ever popcorn garland for our tree!

I made some plain popcorn the old fashioned way with a pot and some oil.  The kids LOVED that!  They thought it was so fun!

We then began the tedious task of threading the popcorn and dried cranberries on the string.  This was much more difficult than I had originally planned.  Ciara just couldn't do it.  She kept pricking herself and Justin kept unthreading his needle, but Katie and I got into a swing and was able to make 3 small garlands to hang on our tree.

We cheated a bit but not going all the way around the tree, but it looks like we did and that is all that matters.  LOL

Even though it was frustrating at times, it was a lot of fun and the kids really did enjoy it!  I am going to try using stale popcorn next year, I hear that helps, and get some bigger needles so the kids can handle them better, but overall, Day 3 was a success!!




No comments: