I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Day 16 - Happy Birthday Jesus

Today we celebrated Jesus' birthday!  Complete with a cake and homemade cards!

The kids were a little confused because they said December 25th is his birthday, why are we celebrating it today.  I explained that December 25th is the day we celebrate his birthday as a culture, but it is not his actual birthday. 

This information completely threw them for a loop.  But they understood and accepted it as I explained a little of the history.

Once they grasped that fact, I continued to explain that EVERYDAY we should be celebrating Christ's coming to this earth!  For with him came our salvation, the greatest gift of all!  Because of His great love, we can return to Him to live forever!  If that isn't worth a daily celebration, I don't know what is!

Christmas is more than a day, it's a celebration and we have to keep that in our hearts at all times!

Hopefully, they realize that the daily praises won't always include cake.  haha







No comments: