I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Roadtrip!

Ahhh...fun in the sun!  It was so wonderful!!  It was just what the doctor ordered!  The trip went by too quickly, but by the time we were heading back home, I was ready!

It started Sunday morning!  I couldn't sleep, I was just way to excited!  So I texted Jennifer and made her get up a half hour earlier than anticipated so we could start our trip!

We rocked out to our music, laughed, and chit chatted.  Before we knew it we were in Primm, NV!  It was crazy!!

We had a few hours to relax and stretch our legs before Tara and Mary showed up.  Then we talked and talked and talked.  Jennifer made fun of me because I was so nervous that there was no way I was going to let a second go by in silence.
Soon, Jenn and I found ourselves alone again and made our way to the blackjack table where we had a lot of fun!  We had the whole table and our dealers laughing at our silly antics!  And hey...I came back up to the room with an extra $100 bucks!  Not too shabby!

Next day we headed out to San Diego!  It was amazingly green!  It was so beautiful!  The sun was in full shine and it was close to 80 degrees!  It was gorgeous!

Lots of hugs with RJ and Mandy!  We reminised, played games, and stayed up way too late!

Morning came and there were no mountains to keep the sun from shining down upon us!  Jenn and I guessed at what time it was thinking it was approximately 8:30-9:00.  Nope.  It was 6:20!  So here we are after only a few hours of sleep, wide awake and giggling in bed!  Finally, we snuck downstairs.

Mandy was up by about 9:30 but RJ wasn't going to be seen alive for hours and hours.  We finally dragged him out of bed and went to visit with our great grandparents!  I am always so shocked at how lively and upbeat they are at their old age! 

Before we knew it, the day was ending. 
Wednesday we had another early morning (at least we didn't sleep our vacation away!) and packed up and said our good-byes for today was our day at DISNEYLAND!  I still can't believe Mandy and RJ didn't want to come with us!

We checked into a hotel around the corner from the enterence (about a 5 minute walk) and we were off!  It was SO MUCH FUN!!  Jenn and I were like little kids again!  Laughing and teasing!  At one point, we even bought some balloons so that we could skip with out balloons down Main Street! 

There were absolutely no lines!  The weather was great!  It was a wonderful day!

Although, I must confess....the famous Monte Cristo sandwich at The Blue Bayou...I would not recommend it.  Too rich and greasy!  But the gumbo was to die for! 

Soon it was time to say good-bye to the magic and head back to the hotel...although our blistered feet didn't mind so much!

Thursday (What!?  Our trip is almost over!!) we headed over to Grandpa's!  I don't think he expected us so early, but he was ready for us!  We had a FANTASTIC time visiting!  He even brought out his old 8 MM projector and showed us some clips of my 2 year old mom with my Nana and HER parents!  It was amazing!

He insisted on taking us out the the Green Olive (Olive Garden - LOL) for dinner and to Hippity Hop (IHOP - Grandpa had us rolling most of the time) for breakfast.

It was a really lovely time with Grandpa - we were very sad to say good-bye to him!

And we were back on the road again!

This time when we got to Primm, Tara was able to stay the night with us!  We had lots of fun laughing and getting to know each other better!  They have some rides and rollercoasters there so we spent most of the evening doing that! 

Then it was back to SLC.  It was a great trip!  We had so much fun!!  I've missed you all!  Thanks to those who put up with my silly texts and pictures! 

I love you!!


3 comments:

Donna said...

Oh GG!!!! I missed you soooooo much!!!!

Sounds like an absolute wonderful time!!

It sure makes me miss my DAD!!

GG said...

It was a FABULOUS time! I miss you too!!!

I know you miss him! I'm sorry! He did say that he is coming out in May to come see you though!! I hope that helps!

I love you too!!

Anonymous said...

Even adding the day of my marraige and the birth of my children...I must say that was in the top list of highlights of my entire life! I had the more fun on our trip than I think any normal grown woman should have!! I love you GG!!!XOXOXO