So the last couple of weeks I've started making her write sentences when she forgets her spelling list at school.
It starts with 10 sentences of "I will remember to bring home my spelling list. I will not forget it at school." And if she forgets again the following day, it doubles to 20 times. Then 30 and so on. So far she remembers by 30.
Last night it was Justin's turn. He's never done sentences before but he keeps forgetting to bring home his homework folder. He usually gets it on Monday and returns it to school on Friday, but we ALWAYS keep it in his backpack for safe keeping. If we leave it out, his little sister likes to get a hold of it and colors on it.
This week for whatever reason, he decided to take it out of his backpack and return it on Tuesday! And he keeps forgetting to put it back in his backpack! So he hasn't done homework since Monday! Just reading (except for Wednesday...I was a slacking Mom on Wednesday.).
So last night when he had forgotten his folder AGAIN, I made him do lines for the first time.
He had to write "I will not forget my homework." 10 times. I needed to keep it simple for him so I tried to be as generic as possible. He did them without complaint.
But as you can see, his sentence kinda changed as he went down. By the end it wasn't even English anymore. His last sentence reads, "I will netrerget mg homrk." LOL
When I pointed this out to him, his face fell. He didn't even realize that he had started doing it wrong. I told him that I wouldn't make him redo it this time, but next time it better be neat and clear. He agreed.
4 comments:
I love the idea, maybe I'll have to start doing that, too. It's got to beat ranting and raving!!! LOL
I just get so tired of saying the same thing over and over again. This way, THEY get to do it over and over again.
That's why I love it, so much!!
That is HILARIOUS!!! I love the homewof and the mg's! LOL!!! Kiss his cute cheeks for me!
Post a Comment