I promised Katie, I wouldn't tell this story to her Dad, but I made no promises about not putting it on the blog. hehe
Yesterday, I picked up the kids early from school to get their second H1N1 vaccine (all kids 9 and under need two doses). Katie was at recess so it was a bit of a joke to get her. When she finally came down to the office, she didn't have her backpack or anything and there is no school for the rest of the week, so I wanted to make sure and get her things. By the time we walked to her classroom, recess was over.
One of the boys in her class walked up to ask if she was going home. She told him yes and he suddenly gave her a great big hug before walking away. Katie immediately looked up at me with an embarrassed look.
"Katie! Who is that!?"
"Skyler."
"Is he your boyfriend!?"
"No." blush blush blush
"Don't lie."
"He's not!" blush blush blush
"Then why did he hug you?"
"I guess he's going to miss me." blush blush blush
"Katie, you're lying. He's your boyfriend!"
"No, he's not. I promise. I don't have a boyfriend." blush blush blush
"Will you tell me when you do have a boyfriend?"
"Yes." blush blush blush
"Promise?"
"Yes. But don't tell dad." blush blush blush
"I won't. So is he your boyfriend?"
"No!" blush blush blush
"So what am I not telling Dad?"
"That he hugged me." blush blush blush blush blush
Meanwhile, Justin is whispering to her, "Don't tell her! She'll tell Dad!"
Then I get a text from one of her other friend's, Malachi, mother asking if Katelynn could go skating with them. Malachi keeps begging to spend time with Katelynn.
1 comment:
That is hilarious!! I love it!!!
Post a Comment