I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pumpkin Pie!

Last year I had the pleasure of learning how to make homemade pumpkin pie (crust and all!) from my wonderful Aunt Donna! She walked me through the whole process and we had a great time! I think we made about 20 pies last year! It was crazy! And although I was in the midst of it, I didn't really feel like I made them.

Well, this year my mother-in-law called and asked if I would be in charge of anything pumpkin. I could make pies or cookies or whatever I wanted, but it had to be pumpkin. I jumped on the opportunity! I wanted to show off my "baking skills" with some homemade pumpkin pie!

So last night I got to work! I was really nervous because my oven is pretty temperamental and doesn't like to cook things thoroughly. It has a tendency to burn the top and leave the bottom "raw". Not good for cookies or pies! But I wanted to try it myself!

So I messed with it a bit and first made a couple of pumpkin rolls. They turned out beautifully! And if the pies failed at least I'd have some yummy pumpkin rolls.

Well guess what?? My pies turned out perfect! I made an extra one so that Shawn could try it out first. (I'd hate to bring a nasty pie to Thanksgiving dinner!) I am so happy! So now I have pies for Thanksgiving at the in-laws and pies for the day after at my parents!

2 comments:

Donna said...

They sure look good!! Hope you had a great weekend!

Love ya!!

GG said...

They were oh so yummy!

I had a great weekend! I got a lot done. That's always good!

Love ya! XXXOOO