I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Party

Jennifer put together the cutest little Halloween party for the kids the weekend before the holiday! Everyone had so much fun and it was exactly the distraction we all needed! All of the kids got dressed up in their costumes (courtesy of NapNap) and we played a bunch of games!

We played pin the nose on the jack o' lantern and Halloween charades! That was so funny to watch the kids act out the "monsters". At one point, Justin just sat on the ground and wrapped his arms around his knees. The monster was the devil but there was a cute little pumpkin drawing on the side and Justin didn't want to listen to me. So he was acting like a pumpkin! Funny thing is, the kids guessed it right away!!

Then the most amazing thing happened! A witch came into the house and hid all of NapNap's candy! It was so helpful though that she left behind clues!

The kids had the best time with this game! The clues were so fun and creative! They would be something cute like, "You must howl like a ghost to the place that NapNap sleeps most!" So the kids would run through the house wailing to the master bedroom to find the next clue and so on and so on til they got to the candy!

It was such a great hit that a monster had come in and hid Darrien's game and left clues for us to find it! That was a lot of fun! It's not so easy reading clues from an 8 year old's writing!

Then we all snuggled on the coach and watched scary movies. Hocus Pocus and Ghostbusters!

It was a great night!

Thanks NapNap!! We love you!!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!

GG said...

It really was!

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun at the party! I am so glad that the kids had so much fun!