I'm trying really hard to not get too excited! I know it is very early!! Buuuuut
Ciara has been going peepee in the potty!!!
She has been talking a lot of potty talk for a couple of months now. And she doesn't like to be in a dirty diaper.
Awhile ago, I started sitting her on the toilet before she'd get in the bath...it terrified her. She would hold onto the sides with a little death grip. So I backed off.
This weekend I pulled out our little potty just to see what she'd do. At first she didn't like it at all. I couldn't even get her to sit on it.
Then I asked Katie to sit on it and show her sister how to use it...that was the trick!
She goes pee pee in the potty whenever I remember to sit her on it. She doesn't really ask to do it on her own, but does really good if I put her on it. And boy, does she get excited when she is successful!
We have now taken the top of the potty and put it on the actual toilet seat..that seems to be working well too!
Again, I'm trying not to get too excited, but she is doing so well! I am so proud of her! I am really really REALLY hoping that we can get her potty trained in time for our vacation! Wouldn't that be nice!?!
2 comments:
I guess it didn't like my last comment, I'll try again!
Congrats to the potty girl! Wow, I am so shocked. She is so young, but now that I think about it...I've had a couple train that young. I am so dreading it, but plan on starting around her bday. That usually works real good.
Good Luck!
Yeah, I'm kinda shocked too. It was kinda just a "let's see what she does" thing and she loves it! No poop yet, but lots of pee! As long as someone takes her...she doesn't decide to go to the potty on her own yet. But I'm hoping that'll come soon!
Love ya tons and tons and tons
Post a Comment