Katelynn has discovered the power of the "fib". We have had to have several conversations about the small little lies that kids tend to tell, usually to get themselves out of trouble.
I am not a fan of these small, seemingly harmless, fibs. They tend to grow into something much more and starts a bad habit of lying.
Yesterday, Katelynn and Justin were playing and Justin had hidden underneath a blanket. Katie knew he was there and purposely sat on top of him, hurting him. I know she did not mean to hurt him..they were playing. She quickly apologized and made sure he was ok. When he came to me upset, she followed saying that she didn't know he was there.
She then found herself in time out. Not for hurting him, that happens when you are playing and the hurt was not done on purpose, but because of the fib of not knowing he was there.
Later last night, Katie was drawing a maze on a piece of paper. She did not finish and started playing something else. When I came across the maze in my cleaning, I quickly finished it for her. When she returned to the maze later she was amazed to see it completed and asked who had done it. I played dumb, having fun with the two kids (Justin had gotten in on the mystery too!). Later when I admitted to finishing it, Katelynn had sentenced me to time out for my fib. I took my punishment like a big girl. She was right. I hadn't even realized that my playing was the same kind of fib as she had done earlier.
Lesson learned...LOL
3 comments:
That is funny! I guess it shows she is understanding what you are trying to teach her!
Sometimes I wish someone would put me in time out!!
I'm glad she is "getting it". And the time out wasn't too bad. LOL My favorite part was when she "released" me from my punishment and had a talk with me about why fibs are bad. LOL
Oh that's even funnier! I would have liked to have been a fly on a wall for that conversation!
Post a Comment