I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Something Special

I meant to post this last week but I forgot.  Sorry.

The older kids have a chore list that they have to do each day in order to earn a prize.  The prize ranges from toys to a night out and the time frame on how many chores differs depending on the prize.

The chore list includes the usuals like making their bed, cleaning their rooms, brushing teeth and of course their daily chore which is either cleaning the dining room or living room.  But they also have extra chores that they have to do weekly.  One of those weekly chores is to do something special for someone.  This can be just about anything for anyone.  I like this chore imparticular because it makes the children stop and think about what it is they can do for someone else. 

Last week, Katelynn had decided to make me a crown out of paper.  She did a brilliant job and even added slots to fit my head, kinda like the Burger King crowns.

I was wearing my crown when Ciara walked into the room.  The sight of the crown on top of my head stopped her in her tracks.  And she gasped.  "Mommy!  You look boobyful!"

It was so sweet!

Thank you Katie for my boobyful crown!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hilarious, boobyful!!

Gotta love kids!!

I have a real hard time keeping everyone current on their chores! It's almost more work than just doing it myself!! LOL

GG said...

I know! It's hard. That's why I keep a chart and I mark it off everyday. You should see them run around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to finish their chores when they see me marking the chart on the fridge.