I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Playing on the Playground and Parent Teacher Conference

One of our favorite things is playing on the playground! It is the highlight of the day if we can stay a few minutes after school to play.

Yesterday was parent teacher conference for Katelynn and her appointment was at 4:20. When school gets out at 3:45, it doesn't leave a lot of time to do much. By the time we get home it's 4:00 and I would just have to turn right back around to go meet with her teacher. So we stayed at the school and played.

Justin was soooo happy! He rarely gets to play on the "big kid" playground. They have a special playground for the Kindergartners that the big kids can't play on. On top of being able to play on the "big kid" playground, he had something he wanted to show me!

He finally learned how to do the monkey bars! For years now, he's been scared to do them. He always wants to but he just hangs there or Shawn or I have to hold his little legs as he goes across. But this week he learned how to do it! He is so proud! And he's pretty good at them too. Doesn't seem scared at all any more! Way to go buddy!

Katie was excited to show me how she walks across the monkey bar bridge without falling.

And Ciara was just excited to be out and playing with the big kids! It was hard to drag her away when it was time to go inside.

Parent teacher conference went well. Katelynn is still doing wonderful in school. She is far ahead in most things and is continuing to grow. She slid a bit on her Spanish from last year, but she is still where she needs to be. I blame that one on summer. I think she'll be doing above average again in another month or so of being back in school.

The only concern the teacher had was that Katie gets headaches and stomach aches a lot in school.

I have two responses to that. The first is that the school is an oven! Absolutely no air conditioning! It was dreadful to be in there for the short amount of time I was. If I had to be trapped in that head all day, I'm pretty certain I would get headaches too! I am going to contact the principal and see what actions, if any, we can take as parents to get some air conditioning in the school. I understand that there is expense involved but it seems ridiculous in a learning environment to be so absolutely miserably hot!

The second, Katie is my sensitive girl. I don't think she has ever gotten used to not seeing her daddy during the week. She enjoyed the summer so much because she got to see him and play with him every day. It was wonderful for her. Now that she is back in school, she only sees him in the mornings. I know this bothers her. And sometimes I think that she uses "being sick" as an excuse to possibly go home and see him. She likes her cuddle time and she knows that sick=cuddles.

2 comments:

Donna said...

What great pics, what did you do different? They look so big and good!!

Good luck on the air conditioning thing. Maybe, before long it will be too cold to worry about!

GG said...

The difference is Shawn's phone vs my phone. My phone takes much better pictures. The others that are from Shawn's phone...and they drive me nuts.