I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Piano Lessons

I am so excited! Shawn and I have been discussing putting Katelynn in music lessons for about a year now. We decided to wait because we didn't want to overwhelm her with her learning Spanish AND an instrument.

Well, Katie is doing terrific in her class and has expressed interest in learning to play music! So we called around and get some information.

We got a call back today from a woman who offers private lessons in piano at the Riverton Music Center by our house and would like to teach Katelynn!

The lessons are affordable and fit our schedules perfectly so we have decided to go ahead and do it!

I am so excited for her! I always wanted to learn how to play music and the piano is so classic!

Now we just have to figure out what we are going to do so she can practice at home! Do we need to buy an actual piano or will a keyboard do? ::crossing my fingers for the keyboard!::

2 comments:

Donna said...

How exciting for all of you!!

Just remember to get a keyboard with piano sized keys and "touch". It really matters!!

Good luck!

Bella said...

I'm really excited too! Her first lesson is on Saturday. We are going to meet her teacher and ask what she prefers. I would love to have a real piano...I just don't know where we would put it!