I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Friday, December 26, 2008

It's all over :(

It's kinda funny...at times it seems like you just can't WAIT for the whole Christmas stress to be over with....and then when it is...it's sad.

My favorite night of the entire season is Christmas Eve. I love getting together with my parents, siblings (I miss you RJ!!), nieces and nephews! I love the simple traditions that we share! And I love that sense of anticipation! The kids are giddy with delight! And did I mention the lamb? Boy, I love the lamb!!

Then Christmas morning hits all too soon. The presents are all opened and we are left with a feeling of relief and sadness.

But with the end of Christmas comes the beginning of a new year! Which is always so exciting! You just never know what the new year will bring! I'm certain it will have it's share of trials and absolute moments of joy! But most of all...it brings us a new chapter of the story of your life. We just have to remember that we are the author of our stories. We can't rewrite the past, but we definitely have the authority to write how we grow from those experiences!

So here's to the next chapter in my story!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Sounds like we have the same feelings about how fast it comes and goes! I'm glad you had a great time.

I have so many resolutions, sometimes it's hard to tone it down to a doable 2 or 3!!

Love ya!

GG said...

I have a lot of things I want to work on this year too...It's going to be hard to figure out how and where to start!! But I know I can do it! I have confidence in myself!

Donna said...

I hear you, we were just talking about that in RS yesterday. I often have to pray to get my priorities straight because I always want to do too many and overwhelm myself. But with Heavenly Father's help, I can do anything!! I'm back on the band wagon today!! It somehow feels great and scarey at the same time!!

GG said...

Mine are a lot of starting new habits which is better than breaking old ones...but still it can be very overwhelming. But the big one is a bit of both. Being more healthy. That is breaking habits and starting new ones...so it gets very difficult at times!