I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

After all the fun we had making the cookies with Grandma, we wanted to share some of that fun with Darrien and Haylee. We brought over more cookies AND we made gingerbread houses! The boys had a regular old fashioned gingerbread house and the girls had a pretty gingerbread princess castle!


I want to take a minute to say how cute the castle was....on the box. Not so fun to put together. Infact, it was impossible to put together. Unlike the regular gingerbread house, the kit did not come with pre-made frosting. You had to mix it yourself so the frosting just didn't come out right. AND it was impossible to put the turrets on! It just didn't work. But the four base walls were castle like and the girls didn't seem to mind.

And here is our sweet little CC scaring us half to death trying her hardest to be in the middle of everything! I still can't believe the mess when we were all done!







Here are our finished products!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Sorry they were such a pain, but boy did they turn out cute!!

GG said...

It was pretty funny actually...the back of the castle never got decorated at all. The girls just kinda gave up.