I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday Justin Boy!!!

I can't believe it! My little Justin turned 5 years old yesterday!!! I just don't understand where the time goes!

I try and get matching plates and decorations and such to match the cake. So last week I asked Justin what kind of theme he wanted for his birthday. "Do you want Spiderman, Batman, Iron Man or High School Musical?" And in response I got an aggravated sigh. I didn't understand because those are his favorite things right now. So I say, "I'm sorry. What kind of birthday do you want this year?"

His quick response. "Guns."

I laugh. "I'm sorry buddy, I don't think they make gun cakes."

"Uh huh! Army!"

I couldn't argue. He was right. They probably do make army cakes and decorations. So that explains why he is wearing an "army" hat instead of a birthday hat! (Well, until he ditched the army hat for his Spiderman hat.)

Yesterday we had our family come over for some yummy cake and ice cream! It was a great time. Now I just need to take him out for his special birthday meal and pictures. We'll probably do that this week.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, 5 years old??!! Where does the time go???

Happy Birthday, Justin...Sorry I couldn't make it.

Love ya!!

GG said...

I know! I can't believe he's 5 already!