We are pretty new at prayer. I have always had a testimony in prayer, but have rarely called upon it. We have prayed over dinner pretty regularly since we've had kids, and we always say a small prayer when we hear an ambulance or firetruck, but that's about it. The last couple of months has brought on a few struggles in our family and we have turned more and more towards the power of prayer.
We now pray over every meal (most of the time - it is still a habit we are trying to form) and I have been encouraging the kids to say "private" prayers. These prayers have been especially important to me. There are many things I have needed to pray about privately and I have found great peace from them.
We also now pray every night before bed. We gather in my room and kneel by my bedside. Justin is still a little hesitant to get on his knees, he'd rather sit on top of the bed and as long as he is being reverent and folding his arms or hands (that is how he prefers it..copying his Daddy!) then I don't fight him too much. But the most astonishing thing is that now my sweet little Ciara gets down on her knees next to me as we pray! I just love it! And she seems to love it!
When I say it's time for prayer, she comes running to my room, kneels down and waits for me! She likes it best when she is between Katelynn and I! I am so glad that I am forming these habits with my children. I really wish I would have started sooner.
It's sad when it is the tragedies in life that bring you closer to God, but I am always relieved when He welcomes me back with open arms.
3 comments:
You are simply amazing!! Your truly have a talent for the written word. I have tears once again! I love you so much!!
Are we still on for Friday??
I hope so!
I love you too!!
Yes! We are on for Friday! The kids are super excited!!
Cool!!
Post a Comment