Monday a longtime family friend was in a car accident. She grew up with Shawn. I'm not sure what you all remember about Shawn's best friend Adam growing up (and Rhonda's old boyfriend), but it is his sister. Her name is Melissa. I can't remember her married name, but her maiden name is Kelsey.
She recently moved to St George with her husband and 9 year old daughter. They had an exchange student with them and Melissa and their little girl was driving him to the Las Vegas airport so he could go to New York. No one is exactly sure of the details but she was distracted (possibly text) and didn't notice a curve in the road. When she finally noticed, she over corrected, flipping the SUV several times across several lanes. The little girl and the exchange student did not receive any injuries, but Melissa has been in a coma since. She broke several bones and had so much pressure on her brain that they had to cut open her skull and will need a lot of reconstructive surgery. She possibly has brain damage and may be paralized on one side.
The family thinks that she has responses when her father is talking to her, but the doctors say she doesn't. It is recommended to take her off the life support in a week if she does not wake up.
I don't know what to do except to ask for prayers. Prayers for Melissa as well as her family.
4 comments:
I can definitely do that!!
I am so sorry, I love you!
Thanks! I love you too!
Thanks for the prayers. They were answered...in a way.
The family has decided to extend her time on life support for a month.
Please keep her in your prayers.
Post a Comment