Or at least are in the midst of it. No turning back now!
This weekend we decided enough is enough. We need to stop being so lazy. Ciara is big enough and understands the concept. So we put her in panties!
To our ultimate surprise she has done wonderfully well! She hasn't had any real accidents. There have been a couple of little peepee drops in her panties from when she's running to the bathroom but doesn't quite make it but besides that, she's even woken up dry! (We still put her in diapers at night, but it's a good sign that she hasn't been wetting herself even in her sleep!)
She has no problem with #1 or #2. I've been saying that she's been ready...Shawn and I just needed to be ready too. And it finally happened.
We did have one incident on Sunday. Ciara likes to go potty by herself. Especially #2. She tells you to "get out, don't look, and lock the door! It's kinda funny. So we usually stand by the door and wait patiently. This time, I had walked away. Next thing I knew Shawn was bounding up the stairs in a panic (he was downstairs watching TV) and goes running toward the bathroom. My heart stopped. Ciara had tried to wipe herself. And wipe. And wipe. And wipe. She had tried to flush an entire roll of toilet paper and flooded the bathroom. I was relieved. Shawn was furious. When he came bounding up, my mind went to the worst. He heard her fall or scream or something that I hadn't and she was hurt or worse. What happened was it started showering from our vent into the basement.
It was easily fixed. But we don't leave her alone more than a couple of seconds at a time. Lesson learned.
2 comments:
I think it's hilarious that she doesn't want you to watch. Nattie won't let us leave if we go in there with her!
Sorry about the flood.
I am so excited she is actually doing it!!
Me too!! I can't believe how fabulous she's doing!
Post a Comment