I had so much fun! I always have fun at these premieres! I love the energy! And I especially love the costumes! I didn't really dress up but I did make Jenn and I our "fan shirts!" They were plain black t-shirts.
On the front mine read:
Who needs the chosen one
Accio Fred
Jenn's read:
Who needs the chosen one
Accio George
And on the back of both it read:
Weasley is our king
We also sported the Gryffindor scarves my Mama made the kids a few years back! We got a ton of compliments on the homemade scarves! Thanks Mom!
Sadly, I have no pictures. I totally forgot about it!
Jenn and I left for dinner at about 9:30. We went to the District (which had one of the highest ticket sales in the Nation for HBP!) so we grabbed a bite to eat at Red Robin. One of my friends was able to grab last minute tickets for her and her son at the same theatre so we met up with them.
After dinner we just kinda hung out and people watched. One of the groups of fans had brought their Harry Potter Scene It game and laptop...I so badly wanted to just jump right in and play. We chatted with them for a bit and then sat down at our own gameless table. LOL Next time, I'm bringing my game!
Then it was time for the movie! So exciting!!! I love the hootin and hollarin! Maybe because I'm one of them! I get to let out the "Nana" in me!
Now - with it being said about how much fun I had...here are my thoughts on the movie.
Meh.
There. Those are my thoughts. LOL
Just kidding.
Ok...so here are my extended thoughts on the movie. And I don't want to hear any of the "you never like movies based on books" stuff. I'll try not to put in many spoilers, but be warned. If you haven't read the books...you may or may not be spoiled. LOL
Things that disappointed me:
- Hogwarts has lost it's magic.
- The relationship between Ginny and Harry is just awkward instead of charming.
- Draco wasn't as "desperate" looking as I had hoped. I wanted to see his sunken look. I wanted to feel his desperation.
- There was not enough information about the Horcuxes. I have no idea how Harry is expected to find any of these! Good thing there was a picture of a cave on the wall in the memory at the orphanage!
- This one kinda goes in conjunction with the previous one. For me, the purpose of this book was to learn about Voldemort's (yes...I said it!) past. I really don't feel like we learned anything about him from the movie.
- (Big Spoilers!) The ending scene. Sorely disappointed. Where was the battle? Why on earth would Harry just hide there? What was up with Snape and his little moment with Harry "under" the floor boards? Why did I feel like Snape didn't want to kill him?? When I read the book, I was so so so angry! I didn't feel that.
- And the last pet peeve that I will write about...what was up with the Room of Requirement scene with Harry and Ginny!? Good luck finding the Tiara in the next movie Harry!
Ok...so here are the things that I liked. This list is much smaller.
- Ron. Ron usually bugs me in the movie...He didn't bother me so much in the this one. I thought he did a decent job! Way to go Ron!
- I loved that they brought some humor into the movie. You got to see a little bit of Dumbeldore's humor although it wasn't captured quite right.
- I like that Hermione's hair was bushier in some scenes.
- I thought Katie's scene with the necklace was really creepy!
- I love the Quidditch scenes! I normally don't like them but I thought they were great! (Even if you didn't know that Harry was Captain!)
That's about all I can think of for the good notes! LOL So I'm going to go back to the disappointed ones. LOL
Here is my list of why's:
- Why would you waste time creating scenes that NEVER happened and DO NOT MAKE ANY SENSE when you leave out so many critical portions!?!
- And why oh why would you make Slughorn to be like a talking Mr Bean? LOL
- And of course...my usual argument...why would you change a scene when the scene if played out exactly as supposed to be would take just the same amount of time??
- And why would a good luck potion make you act drunk? That was just silly to me!
Alright. I think I'm done venting...for now.
Now that that's out of the way...I can't wait to go see it again on Saturday! I'm hoping now that I know what to expect...I'll be able to enjoy it more instead of going..."what in the world???"
3 comments:
You are so funny!! I can see I need to read these books again!!
Mel & Jon went tonight! They both did just read the books again, we'll see what they think!
Love ya!
I love the books! They are so fun!
I'm anxious to see what Mel and Jon thought! Everyone else I've talked to loved the movie. And I won't say I hated it...but I definately didn't love it.
Oh! And I thought of another disappointment I can't believe I forgot to put on my list! LOL
No Dursley's! I was so anxious to see Vernon's face when Krecher apparates into their living room!
Oh wait...Krecher? Who's Krecher? From the movies, You wouldn't really know him would you? Or any House Elf for that matter! What would Hermone say! She's say that was supression of House Elves that's what she'd say! I think I'm going to join SPEW to see if I can get these creatures their rightful parts in the next movie! LOL
Post a Comment