This is a funny little story. Ignore the part where I explain that Ciara was in my bed with me. I'm still working on that one.
Last night I was in bed with Ciara. She was having a difficult time going to sleep where I was exhausted. She didn't like the idea of me sleeping while she wasn't tired. So she kept hitting my face, thinking she was being cute and funny. And she was. Finally, I reacted and started tickling her.
Suddenly, I heard a faint creak in the floor boards. House noises always make me nervous, but you'd think I'd be used to it by now.
I turn slightly to look in the hall and just a few feet from my bed is this little body, walking toward me, twitching. Twitching is the only word I can use to describe it. It reminded me of those horror movies where the ghosts or zombie move all funky.
It scared the crap out of me! I jumped and screamed!
To my amazement, the twitchy body screamed in return!
As my eyes focused, I realized it was my little Katie Lady. She had a nightmare and was looking for some comfort. Needless to say, she was scared more after my response to her.
Just a little bit later, her daddy came home and they had a good laugh together at my expense.
2 comments:
I react all the time when I don't expect someone to be "there" and I get laughed at all the time!!
I'm glad it was only Katie!!
Love ya!!
Yeah, I'm a really jumpy person so it doesn't take much to get me!
Post a Comment