I have been so lazy with her potty training. Months ago when she showed interest, it was great...but her enthusiasm died out as did mine. When both parents work, both parents need to be up for the challenge and I just couldn't do it by myself.
Now, she is over the two year mark and is definitely ready. I've just been too lazy to start it. I need a weekend where I don't do a single thing but stay home with her and I just don't want to sacrifice the weekends to stay home...not when Jenn could be leaving any time. I feel like I have to soak up as much of her presence as possible or I'll be lost when she's gone. I know it won't really be like that...and I'm probably going to be more crushed when she leaves because I have spent so much time with her...but I just can't help myself.
Anyways..back to the point.
Ciara has started a new habit. A very bad, nasty, disgusting habit.
She really wants to be a big girl and go potty by herself. I think this is her way of getting me off my butt and to work more with her.
So her bad habit? Do you really want to know?
After she goes poop in her diaper, she realizes that she should have gone in the potty. So she runs to the bathroom, takes off her diaper and tries desperately to sit on either the big potty or her own little potty. Getting poop everywhere in the meantime! It is so gross! And I can't really get mad at her...she's trying to do the right thing...she's just a little late...as am I...every time.
And then chasing her down to get her cleaned up and a new diaper on her is just as fun! As poop is running down her leg and you are near hysterics because she wants to run and hide...wiping her little bum on everything as she goes!
It is so awful.
So this weekend has to be it. I can't take it any more. She has done this everyday for at least a week. It's time. She knows it. I know it. Now we just have to do it.
Wish me luck!
5 comments:
EEwwww!!! That is pretty gross, I really don't like cleaning up the poo poo messes!!
I hope all goes well for you this weekend!!
Love ya!!
I chickened out again. I'm so disappointed with myself!
I'm so sorry! It's one of those soooo dreaded things to do, but oh so happy when it's done. Kind of like labor!!! LOL
Awesome news about RJ, thanks for keeping me posted!!
Love ya, ooooodles and gobs!!!
Yeah, I wish I had the real commitment to start. And it's almost like she feels my hesitance. She's stopped doing the poop thing since I decided to potty train. Almost like she's as nervous about it as I am! LOL
I'm really glad to have RJ home too. He is supposed to be coming out in just a couple weeks. I'll keep you posted.
Love you!!
Post a Comment