I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What Are Potatoes Made Of?

I miss posting the cute little stories about my kids. My mind seems to be filled with so many different things that I can never remember the cute, funny things that they do and say to post about them! I always think.."Oh! I've got to post about that!" and then when it's time...my mind draws a blank.

But lucky for us, I remembered one of them!

My kids were eating dinner, BBQ'd steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans (Yum Yum), when Justin looks up at me and says, "What are potatoes made of?"

I looked up at him puzzled. "What do you mean?"

He repeats his question. "What are potatoes made of?"

"Potatoes are made of potatoes." I started to explain, but then I got cut off by Katie.

"He means, what animal are potatoes made of?"

"Well dear...potatoes are not made from an animal. They grow in the dirt."

As if I just wasn't understanding the question, she clarified. "You know how bacon is from a pig and hamburgers from a cow...what animal is a potato from?"

I was about to repeat my previous response and explain how they grow from a garden, but was cut off again. This time from Justin.

"I bet they're made of a pig. Like sausage."

"Yeah! Sausage is yummy!"

And that was that. It was settled.

I just kinda shook my head and smiled. Apparently, food that tastes good is from a pig.

1 comment:

Donna said...

That is hilarious!!!