A few months ago, I went through the majority of my baby things and donated them to Big Brother Big Sister. It is so hard on my heart, that I just couldn't go through all of it, so I left the last bit to go through at a later time.
Yesterday, Shawn asked me to please go through the the rest of the things so we can get rid of them. Part of me wanted to just get rid of everything without even looking at it, but the other part wanted to keep a few special outfits for my kids. So I went through them. :(
It is so hard. Especially knowing this is the last of it. It's like I'm giving up on the idea of having more babies. I always thought I had one more waiting for me. :*(
However, as hard as it was...I remembered to text my sweet cousin last night and ask her if she wanted any of it. She will soon be a newly wed and although babies aren't in her IMMEDIATE future - they are in her future. When she said she wanted it, it made it just a little easier, knowing that they were going to someone I love and will be worn by a future someone I love! :)
What I found most odd was, although I always wanted another boy - it was the little girl things I found harder to give up. I guess it is easier for me as a girl to give up trucks and trains - blue and green, than it is to give up cute little princesses and flowers, purples and pinks!
Anyways, point is. It's done. ::sniff sniff::
1 comment:
::sniff sniff:: for you! I hate that feeling that the baby urge is not gonna happen!
I love you sis!
XOXO
Post a Comment