I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

HOT Salsa

Last week was crazy.  Without going into details, I was really thankful that my sister was there, although, we didn't get a whole lot of "sister time".  It seemed like we were constantly running errands.  And if we weren't, we were trying to think of other errands we COULD run.  It was such an odd feeling.

Friday everything came to a head.  We went home completely exhausted from the emotional strain. 

Shawn had the night off, so we pulled out a deck of cards and the three of us sat at the kitchen table playing cards all night.  It was great!  We had to sit through a few John Denver and Hank Williams (NOT Jr) songs, but it was worth it.

Shawn taught us a new game called Knock Knock.  He's tried to teach me before, but could never remember how to play.  I still think he was kinda making it up but it was fun, nonetheless. 

The object of the game is pretty simple.  Each person is dealt 4 cards face down.  You can only look at two cards.  You draw and discard one card at a time, trying to get the lowest points.  When you think you have the lowest points, you knock on the table.

We made a rule that the loser had to take a big ol chip full of Shawn's, now famous, habinero salsa!  Ouch!  It is pretty hot!  It burns your nose just smelling it!  And it's just as hot going in as it is going out, if you know what I mean! 

I don't know why we made this rule, but it made the game really fun!  And poor Jenn was the biggest loser!  I think she lost almost every game!  The maximum points you could have was 40 and she ended almost every game in the 30's!  Poor thing!   But she was a good sport about it!  We laughed and laughed.  Just what we all needed! 

I love you Jenn!!  And I miss you so much!  I can't wait for our next game of Knock Knock!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you too!! That was so FUN!! See I was the biggest loser cause I thought you needed the HIGHEST score ::wink wink::....ummmmmmm yeah I am a liar......I am just a loser lol, but hey, at least I am great at losing, which makes a a GREAT loser eh?!!? I miss you sis! XOXO

Donna said...

I don't think I could have played!! Poor Jenn!!

I miss you guys, and THANK YOU for all you did for me!! You guys are WONDERFUL!!!

GG said...

It was a lot of fun! I'm sorry Jenn, you did a lot of eating and no knocking! LOL

Shawn is excited for you to teach Dustin the game with his salsa! LOLOL

You could have played...you might have lost, but you could have played! LOL

We are glad we had to opportunity to help! We love you!!