I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rocky Horror

Over many years I have heard many RHPS stories!  I remember watching the show when I was a teenager and thinking everybody was INSANE!  I'm not sure if I even got through the whole thing.  I just don't think I "got it". 

With buying and LOVING the Glee CD and really enjoying the tribute episode, I thought I should give it another shot.  So I rented it from the library yesterday, sent the kids downstairs (for those that were worried) with their library movie and sat down to give RHPS another shot. 

This time around, I found the humor in it.  And I realized it is just one big spoof.  LOL  I don't think I understood that the first time around.  Sometimes it takes me a while.  LOL

I don't think it will be added to my movie collection (yet), but I was at least able to enjoy it.  Tim Curry is just awesome!  What a crack up!  And BTW - The Glee versions of the songs - much better!  Please don't through hot dogs at me!

What I got the biggest kick out of though was the special features on the DVD.  You can actually watch the movie with participation prompters!  HAHA!  A little pop-up type subtitle appears in the corner:  "Throw rice now", "Don your party hat",  "Throw your toast".  Too funny!!

ALSO - you can watch the movie along with a live audio taping of one of the midnight showings.  This was a little more frustrating than enjoyable.  There are so many chants and such that it's nearly impossible to hear the actual movie and I couldn't understand MOST of what the audience was saying.  But boy howdy!  They could sure cuss!

All I gotta say is WOW!  You guys were crazy!  NOW I understand why Nana felt it was appropriate to do the Ninja Rap in the middle of the theater!  I miss you Nana!  I love you mucho mucho!  XXoxoxOXOOXOXOxooxoxOXXxoxoxOXoXooXoOXoOXoOXOXox

1 comment:

Donna said...

You are fabulous, GG!! I love reading your posts! You just make me smile at how you tell your story, any story!!

I love you!!