So I am sure you are thinking that this is going to be a story about Ciara or maybe Katelynn, but nope. It's me! I'm a big girl!! After over 3 years, I finally bit the bullet and went to the dentist for my check up!
I hate the dentist. No...hate is too nice of a word. And it's not that I've ever had a horrible experience either. Infact, my dentists have always been really nice. I just get this horrible pit of anxiety in my stomach at the sheer thought of laying in that chair and having strangers pull out their tools and put them in my mouth. Just thinking about it brings shivers down my spine! Ugh!!
But I did it! I went for my check up and guess what!? Everything's great! No cavities and I don't have to go back for another 6 months. That is, if I don't find an excuse to cancel my appointment.
You see, that's how I haven't gone for 3 years. I've made several appointments, but I found a reason to cancel every appointment.
I almost had an excuse yesterday too! Rob came over to pick up Ciara. He and his friend were going to take her to cut up some fire wood at his friend's house. Ciara was all excited to go with Pumpa until she realized that his friend was coming too. That was a no go for CiCi.
I joked with him that I could just cancel my appointment and he gave me that very fatherly look and said no. So I said I'd just take her with me. I wasn't sure how it would play out with Ciara sitting on top of me in the dentist chair, but I'd try.
I brought some books and a couple ponyville ponies and we were off. When I got there she went into the little kid room and sat down to watch Nemo. There was no wait and they were able to bring me back right away. The receptionist said Ciara was welcome to stay there and watch the movie. I was reluctant, but my chair was just a few feet away and if I pulled out my "mom vision" I could keep an eye on her. She stayed there the entire time!!! She'd go back and forth between watching the movie and checking out the fish tank. What a good girl!!
After my appointment, we went to Walmart - that's another story all together, but I did reward her with a little ride on Pumba! She was so excited!

1 comment:
You are a Big Girl!!! I don't like going to the Dentist either!
She is looking so grown up!! Don't you hate it??!!
Post a Comment